Well behaved pets on leashes are allowed. Most owners know if their pooch is good in crowds or not.
We DO reserve the right to request misbehaving people or animals to leave if necessary (but hope we won’t have any situations of that nature!)
- watch for signs of your dog overheating
- make sure they get enough water (there should be some pet watering stations but if there aren’t, know when to leave and get water)
- and be aware that asphalt can be too hot for lengthy standing if it’s really hot outside. How do you know if the asphalt is too hot for your dog’s paws? Put the back of your hand on the asphalt, and if you can’t keep it there for 5 seconds, it’s too hot for your dog’s feet.
The safety of both vendors and attendees will be of the utmost importance before, during and after the event.
Monitoring and decisions about delays and cancelations will be based on radar, news alerts and actual inclement weather.
- Light rain and wind will not prevent the festivities.
- Every effort will be made to have the fair.
- Updates will be posted prominently on this website as well as Facebook and Twitter should there be a weather related cancelation or delay.
- If weather causes the fair to be cancelled, there will be no rain date.
A more in depth inclement weather procedure was filed with the city and will be used as a guideline by our event organizers.
Last updated May 10, 2016
This event is organized by the Southland Association with a lot of help from various other entities. LFUCG, Parks & Rec and SO many others!
The Southland Association is a community organization focused on “Making the Southland Area a safe, attractive and welcoming place to shop, eat, do business and live.”
The Southland “Street Fair” is in line with those objectives and was something that’s been talked about for many years.
This event is managed, organized and run entirely by a wonderful group of tireless volunteers. (Ok maybe we’re a little tired after of all the work!)
You heard that right, volunteers! The vendor fees and sponsorships go right back into the event costs (porta potties, electric, paying the bands etc) and anything left over goes to the Southland Association in order to make improvements and investments in the community!
We’re going to have to say no but I hope you don’t hold this against us! This is an entirely volunteer organized event with a LOT of moving parts. Adding parts last minute puts stress and strain on us and we would like to ensure things run smoothly and enjoyably for everyone. We also already have a musical lineup and additional music performances may interfere with this. 🙂
last updated May 2017
FREE FREE FREE!
We will have free parking for both bikes and vehicles.
Please see our parking map.